Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New build 5.49.........
Sprut_UK
post Jan 27 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi all, I'm just testing the new build 5.49 and I have to say that I am really impressed with the work that they have done with it.
They have added support for the 3D Connexion mouse.........I've just bought one today.......it's an impressive bit of kit.
There is a new parallel pocketing option with optional cutter radius comp on the finish cut.......that's very neat. This solves the problem of needing to modify the finish size of the pocket directly on the machine itself........
They have also added polar interpolation for rotary axes (milling / turning).
Various bugs have been tidied up too...........
For customers of my support site you can download this new build there, others should contact their SprutCAM reseller or Sprut direct.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
djb
post Jan 30 2009, 02:09 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Jan 27 2009, 04:32 PM) *
Hi all, I'm just testing the new build 5.49 and I have to say that I am really impressed with the work that they have done with it.
They have added support for the 3D Connexion mouse.........I've just bought one today.......it's an impressive bit of kit.
There is a new parallel pocketing option with optional cutter radius comp on the finish cut.......that's very neat. This solves the problem of needing to modify the finish size of the pocket directly on the machine itself........
They have also added polar interpolation for rotary axes (milling / turning).
Various bugs have been tidied up too...........
For customers of my support site you can download this new build there, others should contact their SprutCAM reseller or Sprut direct.

Dave

Dave,

Can you explain more about this: "They have also added polar interpolation for rotary axes (milling / turning)"

What kind of benifits does this add?

David

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jan 30 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi David, it's mostly of benefit on a lathe with live tooling and C axis milling capabilities. I have put a video up on YouTube which shows an example of this new feature being used on a turned part with C axis milling and drilling.
You can view the video by clicking here (sorry that the quality isn't that good, I'm still learning the best methods for YouTube)

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2018 - 10:26 PM