Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> countor over-lap
Mike M
post Oct 1 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,439

would it be possible to add a feature to allow the over-lap of lead in and out to 2D countors...this would help to get ride of the mark left at lead in and out...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 1 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Mike, and welcome to the SprutCAM forum.

I think that the function that you require is already available. If you look in the 'Lead in/Lead out' section of the 2D Contouring operation, you will see 'Additional approach' and 'Additional retraction' which both give you options of 'Along curve' or 'Tangent'.
I hope that this is what you require........if not, can you attach an example project to show exactly what it is that you need.

I hope this helps?

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  01_10_2012_19_12_23.png ( 50.77K ) Number of downloads: 14

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike M
post Oct 2 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Oct 1 2012, 02:18 PM) *
Hi Mike, and welcome to the SprutCAM forum.

I think that the function that you require is already available. If you look in the 'Lead in/Lead out' section of the 2D Contouring operation, you will see 'Additional approach' and 'Additional retraction' which both give you options of 'Along curve' or 'Tangent'.
I hope that this is what you require........if not, can you attach an example project to show exactly what it is that you need.

I hope this helps?

Dave

Dave thanks for the responds,

Been using Sprutcam for a couple of years now with my Tormach...I switch software from Bobcad to Sprutcam at the reguest of Tormach as I do a lot of support for the Tormach user...So it only made since that I use Sprutcam too...I've trained/installed both the Tormach and Sprutcam for customers from all over the map... From my home near Boston to Sri Lanka (it was very hot there)...

The issue I have with 'Additional approach' and 'Additional retraction' is that Sprutcam does not see the curves before and after the start/end point...
If used incorrectly Sprutcam will cut into model...As it see the curve it starts on and bases it move on that point...
Mike M
Lakeside Design of Mass.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  over_lap_sprut_cam.jpg ( 111.53K ) Number of downloads: 12

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 2 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Mike,

My apologies, I thought that you were looking for a way of overlapping the start and finish point to get rid of the mark that can remain due to differing cutter deflection when the contour machining starts and finishes in the same position.

If you wish to report a bug or request a new feature, then I would suggest that you contact Eric at Tormach regarding this.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike M
post Oct 3 2012, 11:10 AM
Post #5

Dave,
You are correct in your thinking that I'm trying to hide the start/end tool mark...What I like to do is to drag the start/end point to just before a corner raduis for the center of tool...Then arc in on the line and arc out on the raduis...Machining 17-4 PH for a medical part...So visual is sometime more important than anything else...
I'll send a feature reguest to Eric as this is really not a bug...
Thanks for your time
Mike

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2019 - 10:27 AM