Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To upgrade or not ?
RickG
post Dec 17 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

Hi all

I have been away for quite a while (work, moving my machine, general lack of time)

I see that SprutCAM 2007 is now fully rolling. I am trying to get an idea if I should upgrade or not. Also to find out if any one offers an upgrade from SC 4 Expert to SC 2007 Master as I am thinking about a CNC lathe in my future. I have approached my supplier and they are checking into it as they generaly supply the software with just their machine and havn't received a request like mine yet.

I would appreciate any feedback from people that have upgraded to SC 2007.

PS. Can anyone tell me what the last build for SC 4 was.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Rick Germani
Using:
Alibre Design 9.2
SprutCam 2007 Build 5.39
Tormach PCNC1100 mill (PCNC3REL 1.8b)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Dec 18 2007, 04:02 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (RickG @ Dec 17 2007, 11:59 PM) *
Hi all

I have been away for quite a while (work, moving my machine, general lack of time)

I see that SprutCAM 2007 is now fully rolling. I am trying to get an idea if I should upgrade or not. Also to find out if any one offers an upgrade from SC 4 Expert to SC 2007 Master as I am thinking about a CNC lathe in my future. I have approached my supplier and they are checking into it as they generaly supply the software with just their machine and havn't received a request like mine yet.

I would appreciate any feedback from people that have upgraded to SC 2007.

PS. Can anyone tell me what the last build for SC 4 was.

Thanks in advance.

I've got the same setup but am on Alibre 10, SP1 and have upgraded to SC2007 through Tormach. Seems to work much better (or I'm learning better) so I'd suggest upgrading. Look into the upgrade options available from Tormach though. One version includes an encrypted Tormach post and it looks like that can't be edited. There might be a higher priced version that does included editable posts. That's something I'll be checking into with Tormach. There have been some changes to the SprutCAM works and it still seems to be a bit of a work in progress, but I'm pretty happy so far.

I'm having a current problem with the Tormach post and helical machining and am about to send out some files documenting the problem to Yuri at Sprut and Greg at Tormach.

Mike

+Quote Post
RickG
post Dec 19 2007, 01:21 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Mike Henry @ Dec 18 2007, 04:02 AM) *
I've got the same setup but am on Alibre 10, SP1 and have upgraded to SC2007 through Tormach. Seems to work much better (or I'm learning better) so I'd suggest upgrading. Look into the upgrade options available from Tormach though. One version includes an encrypted Tormach post and it looks like that can't be edited. There might be a higher priced version that does included editable posts. That's something I'll be checking into with Tormach. There have been some changes to the SprutCAM works and it still seems to be a bit of a work in progress, but I'm pretty happy so far.

I'm having a current problem with the Tormach post and helical machining and am about to send out some files documenting the problem to Yuri at Sprut and Greg at Tormach.

Mike

Mike

Check out 2 posts under post processor heading.

1 from myself on Nov 7, 2006 (helical hole output using PCNC1100 post processor) and one from Maurice Proulix (code for helical) a short time later. (sorry missed grabbing the date on that one) It could be Tormach is repeating their coding errors blink.gif with the post processor. Not sure if you can correct it yourself if they have encoded the post processor though.

Dave supplied fixes that worked.

Rick

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Dec 19 2007, 04:01 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (RickG @ Dec 19 2007, 01:21 AM) *
Mike

Check out 2 posts under post processor heading.

1 from myself on Nov 7, 2006 (helical hole output using PCNC1100 post processor) and one from Maurice Proulix (code for helical) a short time later. (sorry missed grabbing the date on that one) It could be Tormach is repeating their coding errors blink.gif with the post processor. Not sure if you can correct it yourself if they have encoded the post processor though.

Dave supplied fixes that worked.

Rick

Thanks Rick - dinner is waiting so I'll check those threads out tomorrow. I'm assuming that your 11/7/2007 thread was on SC4, though.

Mike

+Quote Post
RickG
post Dec 23 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Mike Henry @ Dec 19 2007, 04:01 AM) *
Thanks Rick - dinner is waiting so I'll check those threads out tomorrow. I'm assuming that your 11/7/2007 thread was on SC4, though.

Mike

Well, I took the offer and upgraded to SC 2007. I have downloaded the code from the SC website and received an email from Yuri that contains seasons greetings and an attached file 'winmail.dat' , but no instructions. Do I have to go through the registration process again, or am I suposed to place this file in a certan directory ? I have sent the email off to the registration site but I am not expecting any thing until after the holidays, now. I was hoping to try a few things out over my holidays. If anyone reads this a can shed some light I would appreciate it.

Happy Holidays

--------------------
Rick Germani
Using:
Alibre Design 9.2
SprutCam 2007 Build 5.39

+Quote Post
RickG
post Dec 23 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (RickG @ Dec 23 2007, 07:04 PM) *
Well, I took the offer and upgraded to SC 2007. I have downloaded the code from the SC website and received an email from Yuri that contains seasons greetings and an attached file 'winmail.dat' , but no instructions. Do I have to go through the registration process again, or am I suposed to place this file in a certan directory ? I have sent the email off to the registration site but I am not expecting any thing until after the holidays, now. I was hoping to try a few things out over my holidays. If anyone reads this a can shed some light I would appreciate it.

Happy Holidays

Well,

I persevered, it appears what I received was a Holiday Greeting card from Yuri. The timing was coincidental. As I am not using Microsoft outlook it didn't display as the sender would have expected. I have been spinning my wheels for nothing. I will just have to be patient and await the appropriate emails.

On the other hand I learned somthing new tongue.gif , so all is not a loss. If anyone finds themselves is a similar situation, you can go to GOOGLE and enter 'winmail.dat' into the search engine and things will be explained and you will find directions to download a utility to decode the 'winmail.dat' file.

--------------------
Rick Germani
Using:
Alibre Design 9.2
SprutCam 2007 Build 5.39

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Dec 23 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (RickG @ Dec 23 2007, 07:44 PM) *
Well,

I persevered, it appears what I received was a Holiday Greeting card from Yuri. The timing was coincidental. As I am not using Microsoft outlook it didn't display as the sender would have expected. I have been spinning my wheels for nothing. I will just have to be patient and await the appropriate emails.

On the other hand I learned somthing new tongue.gif , so all is not a loss. If anyone finds themselves is a similar situation, you can go to GOOGLE and enter 'winmail.dat' into the search engine and things will be explained and you will find directions to download a utility to decode the 'winmail.dat' file.

Rick,

Just a confirmation, but you will need to wait for instructions from Yuri.

Mike

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 04:34 AM