> SprutCAM 2007 discussions.....
Sprut_UK
post Apr 27 2007, 07:40 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi all,

with the impending release of SprutCAM 2007, I thought it would be a good idea to have an area where this new version can be discussed.
Please feel free to post your comments on this new version. At this early stage it would be useful to post up any problems that you find so that others can test them and then report them if appropriate.

Sprut have got a pre-release version which can be obtained here: http://www.sprutcam.com/Presscentre/News/P...aseSprutCAM2007

I wouldn't recommend using it to cut any parts at the moment, but it will allow you to get used to the new version prior to it's expected release in May.

Dave
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 29 2007, 07:06 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Just to get the ball rolling......here are a couple of screen grabs of a turned and milled part that I have been 'playing with' in SprutCAM 2007:

1: Turned
2: and milled

Dave

+Quote Post
Chris Booth
post May 2 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 35

This is about how a button on the simulation tab works that is the same as the predecessor but I think should be modified.

The

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post May 2 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Hi Chris, this is exactly the sort of feedback I was looking for, thanks.
I had noticed this fault many times while testing, but never got around to actually reporting it [ohmy.gif)] .............which I have now done.

I have some updated files from the software engineers which will take the current pre-release version up to the next build (5.24). Most of the changes are to do with the new lathe ops, so if you are only trying the milling stuff it may not be that useful.........
Please e-mail me if you would like them and I'll send them to you.

Dave

+Quote Post
Chris Booth
post May 3 2007, 08:20 AM
Post #5

I'm finding that when saved projects are re-opened the image in the Machining tab viewport is what was there when the project was saved (for example the 'Machining Result'), but the image in the Simulation tab viewport has reverted to the unmachined workpiece, as if the 'Reset workpiece parameters' button has been used.

It's easy to get it back to the way it really was when it was saved, by using the 'Fast simulate all operations' button, but shouldn't saving a project also save the already run simulation?

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post May 3 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Hi Chris, I think that you may be referring to the new 'Project save options'.
When set to 'Detailed' it states: "The intermediate part geometry (simulation result) is saved", I think that this is a wrong phrase and should read "The intermediate part geometry (machining result) is saved" as this is working correctly.....
If you open up a previous project that has been saved using the Detailed option, and you click on the 'Workpiece' of an operation, it will show the result of the previous machining operation on the screen.

If I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick (very likely biggrin.gif) let me know and I'll take another look.....

Dave

+Quote Post
Chris Booth
post May 3 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #7

Hi Dave, no you haven't got hold of the wrong end of the stick at all.

I hadn't seen the new 'Project save options' until reading your reply (Options > Edit > Folders Tab).

'Short' which states "The parameters of operations are saved only. Toolpath is not saved" would presumably save on file size, but would mean you would have to re-run operations if you wanted to make any real toolpaths.

And then the middle point on the slider described as "The operations are saved with the calculated toolpath" will presumably be a larger file and re-load with the CLData intact.

And 'Detailed' which states: "The intermediate part geometry (simulation result) is saved" is the setting I've been using, and it seems to mean that the file will re-open complete with the extra information required to display the simulation result.

And it does work and it does show the result of the machining operations but only in the Machining tab. In the Simulation tab, before being shown, the simulation must be re-run (but we know the file already has that information because it's displaying it in the Machining tab).

Its not an important detail - it just seems to me that it should be shown without having to re-run it, since that's how it was saved.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 06:54 AM