Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to use vise as fixture for more then one Operation
Val
post Sep 18 2013, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,307

I would like to know how do I have 1 vise to do basic 2 operations? the vise is placed in the fixture area, I light up the model just as I want.

The issue is the part is then flipped, but all of a sudden my vise is still staying with previous operation, and hence is now upside down relative to new coordinate system

If I move the vise to fit Operation 2, it will not work for operation 1?

I am trying to use just 1 instance of the vise, I suppose I could make a copy of the vise flipped and oriented as I want for 2nd op? But I am looking for better solution then this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Sep 19 2013, 10:36 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

As you have found, the fixture will rotate with the part when it is rotated. The solution for this is to include the vice model(s) within the machine configuration so that they always maintain their correct orientation to the machine itself.
Unfortunately, they do not serve as 'fixtures' when used this way i.e., SprutCAM will not create toolpaths to avoid them.
An example of the selection of different table setups in the Tormach 2012 machine config is displayed in the attached image.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  19_09_2013_11_38_16.png ( 26.06K ) Number of downloads: 11

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Val
post Sep 19 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,307

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Sep 19 2013, 03:36 AM) *
As you have found, the fixture will rotate with the part when it is rotated. The solution for this is to include the vice model(s) within the machine configuration so that they always maintain their correct orientation to the machine itself.
Unfortunately, they do not serve as 'fixtures' when used this way i.e., SprutCAM will not create toolpaths to avoid them.
An example of the selection of different table setups in the Tormach 2012 machine config is displayed in the attached image.

I see, well I am not sure I understood the 2nd part (I am still on SC7, so maybe that is the issue?), but the first section I did. I however just simply made a copy of my vise, as another fixture, rotated the 2nd fixture to the part for my 2nd operation, then I went and removed "from previous operation" in the fixture section and selected this 2nd vise as my fixture

The only issue is that I do not get the visual effect, so I simply turn off (uncheck) the fixture vises all together, and use them as a guide only when I am doing each vise, by toggling them on/off

I wish SC would simply turn on/off the proper vise based on operation and or designation in the fixture area

It partially does this in simulation but it does not auto rotate to the universal view, for example if im in ISO or top view, I would want it to rotate it based on that operation view which is the top, but instead it keeps the vise upside down

But at least it works wink.gif

I took a vise from online and really downsized it in mesh/faces/points all the way down to like 7-10k from 150-250k that it was, this reduced its size greatly and its not that big of an issue on speed/file size smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 01:27 AM