Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Postprocessor to Toshiba
Rahmtech
post Apr 14 2016, 09:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,908

Hi
How to change the output of Cordinate system name? My machine (Toshiba) uses G57 H901 instead of G54. G57H902 instead of G55 and so forth. How to get SprutCAM output it right?

To make it fast and easy to start in the middle of a program I put N and a number before every tool change. Then to start at sequence 4 I search for N4 and just run the program. How to get SprutCAM output it?

How to output next tool in code? I want the tool changer to be pre positioned.

Example

G1 X Y Z F
G0 z30
M5
M1

N2 (This is not working now)

T2M19
M6
G57 H901 (This is not working now)
T5 (Prepare for next toolchange. This is not working now)

The marked lines doesn?t work for them moment. Current post processor is attached.
/micke

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Tosnuc_600.zip ( 14.39K ) Number of downloads: 5

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 17 2016, 08:38 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

micke, I am very busy catching up with work after a very successful Mach 2016 exhibition last week, so i don't have time to modify your postprocessor at the moment. Please see the attached image which will show you how to 'output' simple text which can be used for your 'N' line requirement.
Let me know if you manage to add this yourself, and then I'll give you some more pointers for the rest of your modifications.

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Output_example.png ( 195.96K ) Number of downloads: 7

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Rahmtech
post Apr 18 2016, 03:35 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 17 2016, 09:38 AM) *
micke, I am very busy catching up with work after a very successful Mach 2016 exhibition last week, so i don't have time to modify your postprocessor at the moment. Please see the attached image which will show you how to 'output' simple text which can be used for your 'N' line requirement.
Let me know if you manage to add this yourself, and then I'll give you some more pointers for the rest of your modifications.

Dave

Thanks Dave! Cld [1] must be tool number. By using this approach I don?t need to remember a N number, In can simply search for a N(toolnumber).

+Quote Post
Rahmtech
post Apr 19 2016, 01:05 PM
Post #4

Hi
I tried and tested for a while and this works as a "output selector". To help others this is what happens.

! Coordsys@ = MaxReal By taking away ! the line becomes active and writes out the coordsystem. But I can only get it to write out G54-G59 so therefore I comment it out.
G54, G55, G56 is local variables. Local = they only work in here and now.
The line
if G54 = CoordSys@
evaluates if CoordSys@ has the same value as G54. If true it outputs G57H901 which is similiar to G54.

! CoordSys@ = MaxReal
G54 = 54
G55 = 55
G56 = 56
! ToshibaCPL@ = Cmd.Flt["CSNumber"]
if G54 = CoordSys@ THEN begin
output "G57H901"
END
if G55 = CoordSys@ THEN begin
output "G57H902"
END
if G56 = CoordSys@ THEN begin
output "G57H903"
END

Hope it helps someone.
/micke

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 20 2016, 04:11 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

That is a nice little routine for converting the output.

To output the T for the tool-preselection you should use the system variable called Nexttoolnum. The Postprocessor generator help files describe it thus: <NextToolNum> returns the number of the next tool.

Hopefully this will help, but if you get stuck using this let me know smile.gif

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Rahmtech
post Apr 21 2016, 12:20 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 20 2016, 06:11 PM) *
That is a nice little routine for converting the output.

To output the T for the tool-preselection you should use the system variable called Nexttoolnum. The Postprocessor generator help files describe it thus: <NextToolNum> returns the number of the next tool.

Hopefully this will help, but if you get stuck using this let me know smile.gif

Dave

Again Thanks

output "T"+ str (Nexttoolnum)

/micke

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 23 2016, 03:03 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rahmtech @ Apr 19 2016, 02:05 PM) *
Hi
I tried and tested for a while and this works as a "output selector". To help others this is what happens.

! Coordsys@ = MaxReal By taking away ! the line becomes active and writes out the coordsystem. But I can only get it to write out G54-G59 so therefore I comment it out.
G54, G55, G56 is local variables. Local = they only work in here and now.
The line
if G54 = CoordSys@
evaluates if CoordSys@ has the same value as G54. If true it outputs G57H901 which is similiar to G54.

! CoordSys@ = MaxReal
G54 = 54
G55 = 55
G56 = 56
! ToshibaCPL@ = Cmd.Flt["CSNumber"]
if G54 = CoordSys@ THEN begin
output "G57H901"
END
if G55 = CoordSys@ THEN begin
output "G57H902"
END
if G56 = CoordSys@ THEN begin
output "G57H903"
END

Hope it helps someone.
/micke

It is also possible to assign your own definition for the Machine coordinate system (Global Or LCS) instead of using the default G54 - G55 etc. See the attached image where I have created a 'Machine coordinate system' called '901'. You can then create or modify the ID for the output register (COORDSYS?) so that it that has an ID / prefix: G57H. Then use cld[5] in the ORIGIN routine to obtain the required coordinate system (i.e. 901).

If you aren't sure how to do this I'll modify your original postprocessor. Let me know?

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  LCS.jpg ( 53.5K ) Number of downloads: 7

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Rahmtech
post Apr 26 2016, 04:28 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 23 2016, 05:03 PM) *
It is also possible to assign your own definition for the Machine coordinate system (Global Or LCS) instead of using the default G54 - G55 etc. See the attached image where I have created a 'Machine coordinate system' called '901'. You can then create or modify the ID for the output register (COORDSYS?) so that it that has an ID / prefix: G57H. Then use cld[5] in the ORIGIN routine to obtain the required coordinate system (i.e. 901).

If you aren't sure how to do this I'll modify your original postprocessor. Let me know?

Dave

Thanks Dave
I?ll try that later. If I run into any trouble I let you know.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 07:18 AM