Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> area border
Art K
post Aug 10 2015, 12:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,585

I know Ive run across this before but how do I put some sort of a border around an area that I don't want to be machined? I am machining a piece that I'm machining in three steps, the bottom, the top, which are both done, and the sides. I made a fixture that the part bolts to so I can machine the sides, the bolt holding it to the fixture goes through the top face. I have it set up as a waterline operation but I don't know how to have it avoid that premachined area.
Art
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Aug 10 2015, 08:12 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Art, welcome to the SprutCAM forum.

Although I haven't checked the whole of this following video, it seems to be answering your question regarding using 'Fixtures' within SprutCAM: https://youtu.be/rsXSHmxMS7k
The fixture models can either be created and then imported into SprutCAM from an external CAD system or you can create and extrude fixtures directly within SprutCAM itself.

For roughing, don't forget that the roughing operations (generally speaking) only machine the workpiece, so you could define or import a new workpiece in a similar way to the method used for importing / creating fixtures.

I hope this helps?

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 10:13 AM