Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Feature: Machining Groups
Sprut_UK
post Apr 29 2016, 06:34 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

From Build 0.3 Rev 91021 there is a new feature available. This new feature allows the user to create their own 'machining groups'.
This has several benefits over previous revisions of SprutCAM 10 in that you can now create your own library of machining operations. You can structure this in several ways depending on your own requirements.

One example of how this could be used would be; suppose you had two CNC milling machines, one a good solid workhorse that is used primarily for heavy 2D cutting, the other is a high speed modern VMC for 3D machining. You can now create your own operations list that are specific for each of these machines.
The heavy cutting 2D machine would display only the 2D machining operations while the high speed 3D machines list would include the 3D operations.

Another example would be for family of parts machining. The parts change each time, but the machining operations might be the same for all of them. You can now create a machining list that only includes the specific roughing operation required AND the specific finishing operation.

These are just a couple of examples. But this new feature opens up many new possibilities to 'personalise' SprutCAM 10.....enjoy cool.gif

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Machining_groups.jpg ( 129.33K ) Number of downloads: 32
Attached File  Groups_in_use.jpg ( 67.4K ) Number of downloads: 22

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Val
post May 19 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,307

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 29 2016, 11:34 AM) *
From Build 0.3 Rev 91021 there is a new feature available. This new feature allows the user to create their own 'machining groups'.
This has several benefits over previous revisions of SprutCAM 10 in that you can now create your own library of machining operations. You can structure this in several ways depending on your own requirements.

One example of how this could be used would be; suppose you had two CNC milling machines, one a good solid workhorse that is used primarily for heavy 2D cutting, the other is a high speed modern VMC for 3D machining. You can now create your own operations list that are specific for each of these machines.
The heavy cutting 2D machine would display only the 2D machining operations while the high speed 3D machines list would include the 3D operations.

Another example would be for family of parts machining. The parts change each time, but the machining operations might be the same for all of them. You can now create a machining list that only includes the specific roughing operation required AND the specific finishing operation.

These are just a couple of examples. But this new feature opens up many new possibilities to 'personalise' SprutCAM 10.....enjoy cool.gif

Dave

this is great! I found out that not only can you customize which operations you want, you can move them around! so if you use Hole machining a lot and roughing waterline/plane and face milling last you can reorder them! this is so nice, now I can have the most common stuff that I use in the order I like, and rest below or hide it away! heh cool.gif

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jun 5 2016, 09:29 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Val @ May 19 2016, 10:37 PM) *
this is great! I found out that not only can you customize which operations you want, you can move them around! so if you use Hole machining a lot and roughing waterline/plane and face milling last you can reorder them! this is so nice, now I can have the most common stuff that I use in the order I like, and rest below or hide it away! heh cool.gif

Yes, it really is very good this new 'Machining groups' feature. It allows the user to modify the SprutCAM Machining workspace in many different ways. Where previously, for example, you were using SprutCAM for woodworking (routers) or, maybe you used it for robot welding, or any of the many available SprutCAM 'machining' categories, you all used effectively the same working environment, which was always biased towards CNC milling. Now, you can arrange your machining strategies in a way which is more appropriate for your own working environment.
This further expands upon SprutCAM's existing capability for creating 'end-user' default machinng operations. When these two features are combined, the options are limitless.

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jul 13 2016, 08:08 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Hi All,

Here is a short narrated video that I created about the new machining groups feature: https://youtu.be/dUbjqxwKfaI

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2019 - 08:28 PM