anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to get Machine Parameters to stick such as "Minimal arc length" by default
Val
post Jul 7 2013, 07:35 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,307

Hi, I can not figure out how to get Machine Parameters to stick or save as default so that whenever I open SC and new project I dont have to go into Parameters >> Machines and then go to the specific control parameters. Changing the tolerances for things such as "Minimal arc length" and use of arcs in YZ, ZX etc...

Not sure if its a glitch the Minimal arc length always defaults back to 0.05, that might be fine in mm but in english that is a bit big for default.

I do not know how to save the machines values, or maybe create my own custom one?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jul 8 2013, 07:15 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

You will have to modify the *.xml file for the machine configuration that you are using.
The standard location for these files in SprutCAM 8 in Windows Vista - 7 - 8 is: C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 8\Machines\Schemas
The standard location for these files in SprutCAM 7 in Windows Vista - 7 - 8 is: C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 7\Machines\Schemas
The generic configurations are located in the 'Abstract' folder, other machines are located in their named folder.

For example, if you are using the '3-axis milling machine' you will need to edit the file called: MillMachine3d.xml that is located at: C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 8\Machines\Schemas\Abstract
Before doing any edits to any of these files always make a backup copy of the existing file(s).
I use Notepad to edit *.xml files.
Open the file called 'MillMachine3d.xml', then add the following lines into the <ControlData> section:

<ControlData>
<MinArcLength DefaultValue="0.005"/>
<UseArcInXY DefaultValue="True"/>
<UseArcInYZ DefaultValue="True"/>
<UseArcInZX DefaultValue="True"/>

</ControlData>

If there is no <ControlData> section, then create one before the <Schema> section.
You can edit the default values for the minimum arc length. The 'UseArcIn' values are either "True" or "False"

Make a backup copy of the newly edited file because when SprutCAM is updated the standard machine configurations are overwritten.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Val
post Jul 9 2013, 05:56 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Jul 8 2013, 12:15 AM) *
You will have to modify the *.xml file for the machine configuration that you are using.
The standard location for these files in SprutCAM 8 in Windows Vista - 7 - 8 is: C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 8\Machines\Schemas
The standard location for these files in SprutCAM 7 in Windows Vista - 7 - 8 is: C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 7\Machines\Schemas
The generic configurations are located in the 'Abstract' folder, other machines are located in their named folder.

For example, if you are using the '3-axis milling machine' you will need to edit the file called: MillMachine3d.xml that is located at: C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 8\Machines\Schemas\Abstract
Before doing any edits to any of these files always make a backup copy of the existing file(s).
I use Notepad to edit *.xml files.
Open the file called 'MillMachine3d.xml', then add the following lines into the <ControlData> section:

<ControlData>
<MinArcLength DefaultValue="0.005"/>
<UseArcInXY DefaultValue="True"/>
<UseArcInYZ DefaultValue="True"/>
<UseArcInZX DefaultValue="True"/>

</ControlData>

If there is no <ControlData> section, then create one before the <Schema> section.
You can edit the default values for the minimum arc length. The 'UseArcIn' values are either "True" or "False"

Make a backup copy of the newly edited file because when SprutCAM is updated the standard machine configurations are overwritten.

Dave

Wow Dave! Thank you, this is great info. Do you happen to have all the parameters names posted or a file example that could be downloaded? I wish this info would be coded into the xml files, but I could not see it there.

Is it simply the name with each word capitalized and removing spaces?

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jul 9 2013, 06:24 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

No I don't have a list of valid parameters, I wish that the software engineers would publish them. Each of the machines in SprutCAM includes a *.xml file which can be viewed / edited.
The MachineMaker software is generally used to create the machine configurations.
This is available for trial use. Contact your SprutCAM reseller to get a trial activation, or send me a Personal Message via this forum with the installation password and I'll see what I can do.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Val
post Feb 14 2016, 03:14 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Jul 8 2013, 11:24 PM) *
No I don't have a list of valid parameters, I wish that the software engineers would publish them. Each of the machines in SprutCAM includes a *.xml file which can be viewed / edited.
The MachineMaker software is generally used to create the machine configurations.
This is available for trial use. Contact your SprutCAM reseller to get a trial activation, or send me a Personal Message via this forum with the installation password and I'll see what I can do.

Dave

Hi I know this is old

I am looking for the parameter for "circles deviation" no break, halfs, quarters

what would be the proper parameter?

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Feb 16 2016, 01:13 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Add this to the <ControlData> section: <CirclesDivision DefaultValue="Halves"/> to split arcs in halves. Change the phrase to 'quadrants' to split arcs into quarters.

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2019 - 03:15 AM