Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SprutCAM 9 trying to make Kuka move too fast
neeboy
post May 29 2015, 01:28 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

I don't know if this topic "should" be in the Robot forum instead, feel free to state your preference....

I have a whole bunch of toolpaths ready to cut...but the problem is that SprutCAM is writing code telling my Kuka robot to move one particular axis waaaay too fast right away from mastered position. I can clearly see it in the simulation. Everything in the simulations runs great, but then I try and run on the actual machine, and I run smack into this one problem, and I can't do any more cutting until I resolve it. It does this especially when I am trying to cut on the side of a block, with the tool axis oriented parallel with the ground.

Any help would be appreciated, let me know if I have to send files to anyone in particular. In the past I've tried attaching files to this message board, and have not always been successful. Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neeboy
post May 29 2015, 02:59 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,566

Upon further investigation, I have discovered a possible cause for the sudden moves occurring, but I still don't know how to remedy the situation. Using the toolpath "as-is" with no adjustment causes the tool to crash through the part on its way to the starting position for cutting. If I try and add just one intermediate positioning point in the "Approach" pull-down menu to avoid any collisions, that's where the problem comes in. I have tried using MULTIGOTO and PHYSICGOTO commands but I still always get sudden, rapid rotations of at least one axis. This has to be a simple fix, but I don't know at this point...

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post May 29 2015, 02:04 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

My knowledge and experience with robots is very limited. It sounds like an axis is trying to move too fast so maybe you could try reducing the 'Rapid' feed amount to see what effect (if any) this has?

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2015_05_29_15_02_57.png ( 26.22K ) Number of downloads: 8

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
vvelikov
post Dec 12 2015, 07:18 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,583

Not sure if this is solved already, but may be my post will help to somebody else, so:

I think the reason for this rapid rotation can occur if the robot is close to singularities
It will be good to see the position of the robot when that happens - a photo or at least screen from the Sprutcam project will help.
I recommend to use the Advanced robots axis map to check if you are close to any singularities before you send the code to the robot.

Also, i am always removing any PTP motions (KUKA robots KRL command) as they can be really risky - i am using just linear movement. The PTP motion programmed in Sprutcam and if not limited on the robot can be executed at full speed which is a bit scary smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Dec 19 2015, 06:24 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

This new video from SprutCAM shows the robot workflow. He also discusses how to resolve singularity problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4CkQ3p0kwc...eature=youtu.be

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 10:03 PM