anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Calling out the tool for each operation, Calling out the tool for each operation
Bob Gray
post Jun 23 2014, 03:55 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,592

I've noticed that the Haas post does not repost the tool info if the same tool is used say for water line ruffing and then waterline finishing. The post lets you know the operation has changed but there is no tool call out. During setup I sometimes need to run the finish op least twice to dial in the cutter offset when I'm using cutter comp. How do I go about fixing this. I've attached the modified post.

Thanks
Attached File(s)
Attached File  HAAS_4thaxis_4decimal_Moddified.zip ( 8.52K ) Number of downloads: 2

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jun 24 2014, 01:30 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

I haven't used a HAAS myself for quite some time, but if there is a tool call for each SprutCAM operation aren't you going to end up with lots of extra moves to toolchange height etc.?

If you need to rerun a section of the program on the machine cant you use the HAAS Program restart option for this? The following article gives a brief description of 'Setting 36' which affects how the HAAS program restart works: http://atyourservice.haascnc.com/expert-ti...chine-settings/

Alternatively you can switch off the Roughing operation in SprutCAM and repost the g-code to create a finishing only (CRC) program (using a different program number) which will then also include the toolchange for that operation. Once the CRC is satisfactorily set you can then revert to / run the previously created roughing and finishing program.

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 04:11 AM