Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Writing a Postprocessor
rsmachine
post Oct 26 2007, 03:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,872

I have a question about the postprocessors in SprutCAM. What programming language is this or would be similar to this? I would like to see if I can get a list of the language commands and descriptions to use to customize a post for my lathe in SC2007.

Sean
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 27 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

I don't think that it based on any specific language.....it is a BASIC style code, so if you done a bit of VB or Qbasic then you should be able to get to grips with it fairly quickly.

Some time ago I started doing a tutorial about postprocessors............you can view it here: http://forums.sprutcam.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=96

I haven't had the time to complete it yet, but it should give you some idea on how it all works.
If you have any editing questions, post them up on here, there are a few people on the forum who would probably be happy to help.......

Dave

Beer makes you feel how you ought to feel without beer.

+Quote Post
rsmachine
post Oct 27 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,872

Hi Dave,

I have a degree in computer repair from about 15 years ago, but became a machinist instead. We had to learn QBasic, and a couple of others mainly for networking, and I remember very little of it. At the time Windows 3.11 was the OS we were using.

Thanks, for the link to the tutorial. I will probably ask questions from time to time, so thanks in advance for any help you or anyone else can provide.

Sean

+Quote Post
BOB1974
post Feb 28 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,308

Hi all,

Dave, Can you put up the link for the post tutorial again? I know I've got a lot to learn at the moment but I would like to do most of the work myself to fully understand whats going on. That way you get to know what parts of the code you have to change....

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Mar 1 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Rob, No problem. You can find the tutorial here: Postprocessor tutorial
You never know, I might get a chance to finish it one day rolleyes.gif

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 01:04 AM