anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changing Machine default details, How, where, what file can I edit to correct default values?
Bevin
post Jul 17 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,738

I want to change the default values of the Tormach Machine settings, but cannot permanently change the values within SprutCAM or locate the Machine configuration file containing details of all the listed machines. I wish to change the default settings for Tool Change Position and tool library but so far have been unsuccesful in making permanent my changes via SprutCAM.

I know that I could delete default Toolkit.csv and change my desired library to that default name, but I understand that each update of SC can or does overwrite the existing Toolkit.csv.

I assume there is a configuration file for the Machines that is editable. But the only Machine files I can find are Machine types.xml which seems to be a template or description of data fields, and Machine List.xml which does list the machines but not the specific data. I am not familiar with XML coding so I don't know what would be the name of the data file.

Any information on how to achieve my aim would be appreciated.
Bevin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jul 17 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Bevin, I don't recommend messing around with the machine configurations unless you know what you are doing........having said that, if you get it wrong just reinstall SprutCAM to solve it.
To find the location of the configuration files (it differs from XP to Vista), click on Tormach at the top of the list, open the 'Machines' tab and select 'Work with tools library'. At the top of this page you will see the path to get to the tools library ending in Toolkit.csv.......make a note of the path. Close SprutCAM.
In Windows, go to the location (Vista: C:\ProgramData\Sprut Technology\SprutCAM\Version 2007) but instead of opening the 'Libraries' folder, open the 'Machines' folder.
Inside you will find another folder called 'Tormach', open this folder and inside you will find a file called Tormach.xml.
Open this file using notepad or similar, and scroll down to near the bottom until you see the line:
<ToolChangeMachineState DefaultValue="X0 Y0 Z254"/>
change the values to what you require and then save the file. This will be overwritten when you update SprutCAM.

You can create your own tools library rather than use the default one.......this will avoid yours being overwritten when you reinstall / update SprutCAM.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Bevin
post Jul 19 2009, 05:27 AM
Post #3

Thanks Dave.
I was able to alter the Tool Change location in the Tormach.xml file using Notepad (and saving as .xml).

I then located the default tool library setting in the Supplement\AbstractMachine.xml and changed "Toolkit.csv" to my library, again using Notepad.

Flushed with those successes, I then found I could edit my tool library within SC and rearrange into logical grouping all the tools I have added since I first created my library.

So now my SC starts with my desired configuration.... all is well with the world.

Regards,
Bevin

+Quote Post
Bevin
post Jul 19 2009, 05:41 AM
Post #4

I should add that if anyone else wants to do make similar changes, there are a few things you should do to prevent any software disaster occuring.
Before you change any of the .xml files, rename them or make copies by adding "orig" or something. Then make the change and save as the correct name.
You will need to have Administrator privileges. If in Vista, then click on the Windows logo bottom left corner of screen, locate Notepad as a recently used program, right click on that and select as "Run as Administrator". To get Notepad listed as recently used, just select Run, enter Notepad, then exit.

Good luck
Bevin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2018 - 08:43 PM