Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HTML edit
foxmulter
post Jun 24 2013, 04:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,533

The Machine workshop i m working has Sprutcam 8 and im working with it for some time now. I would really like to know how can i edit the html file i create with the Tools List Button and instead of showing the Overhang of the tool on a specific operation i would like to export the bottom level of this operation so the operator can see and adjust the tool height accordingly. Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jun 25 2013, 06:25 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi foxmulter, welcome to the SprutCAM user forum.

To use a different HTML program / editor to open the 'Tools list' select the 'Tools' tab, then 'System setup', select the 'Machining' tab, then on the 'Tools list' section, click the ellipses button and navigate to the location of the *.exe file of your HTML program.
For example, if you want to use MS Word, the location might be: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE. note the exact location depends on the version of MS Office being used.

I'm not sure if it would be possible to have the bottom level value for each operation entered into the Tools list itself. I understand what you are trying to achieve, but I would recommend that you instead consider using the 'holder' option for a tool and simulate the operation with this to determine the minimum length for a tool. If you only base the tool length on the bottom level value for an operation you might end up with unnecessarily long tool lengths.

Dave
Attached File(s)
Attached File  25_06_2013_07_19_27.png ( 31.54K ) Number of downloads: 18

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
foxmulter
post Jun 25 2013, 03:28 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,533

Thanks a lot for your fast reply. I will try to follow your advice and work with holder. The reason I wanted the bottom level shown on the exported html was to save time instead of creating tool holder for each tool and let operator figure it out.

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jun 25 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

It's my pleasure.

You don't always need to create a complete toolholder, all that I generally do is create the end of the toolholder - which is after-all the part that is most likely to collide.
If you imagine that you are machining down an angled face (at say 45 deg.), and you always use the 'Bottom level' value for your cutter length, it will need to be the full Z depth (length) of the area being machined, whereas, the cutter can most probably be quite a bit shorter than this and still maintain clearance from the part. If you simulate everything in SprutCAM with holders too, you know that the lengths used in SprutCAM will be correct and also at a minimum length. These values will also be included in the current version of the 'Tools List' (L).

If you create a holder for a tool and then save the tool to the SprutCAM tool library, it should save the holder info with it too.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Jun 26 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Just a quick update. It looks like it is possible to obtain the depth of machining from an operations CLData. This can be accessed by a postprocessor using a system variable called: Cmd.Flt["PPFun(TechInfo).Operation(1).PartBottomLevel.AbsValue"] which is accessed via the PPFun routine.

From my preliminary tests it looks like it is possible to obtain the depth data for each operation which could then be added to the first part of the g-code program. Maybe this would suit your needs?
It wouldn't be a simple task to edit a postprocessor for this, so probably best left to your SprutCAM reseller or send me a Private Message via this forum if you would like a quote for this postprocessor modification.

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th July 2019 - 04:17 PM