Reply to this topicStart new topic
> toolpath generation
mayhugh1
post Oct 7 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 49

Often, as I am learning the tool, when I try to create a finishing job to follow a roughing job, Sprutcam will crunch for several seconds to a minute and then tell me it is done but no toolpath is actually created. I assume this is because I choose some inappropriate operation or parameter for the job. I've checked the properties of the resulting job for errors and there are none; but the idling, cutting times, etc. are all pretty much zero. Does the tool give me any help in what I need to do next with respect to making a change or is it pretty much trial and error on my part?
Terry

Terry
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 8 2006, 07:49 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Terry, it sounds to me like there is something that's been inadvertently been set which is causing the finishing cut to fail.
If you can make your SprutCAM project (*.stc) available for download or e-mail the project to me, I will be happy to take a look and see where things are going wrong.
I think that there is room for improvement in the way Sprut reports (or sometimes doesn't) the reasons for toolpath calculation failures.

Dave
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2019 - 04:18 AM