Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good SprutCAM version for lathe ops?
Mike Henry
post Oct 14 2012, 04:50 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

I've just started using lathe operations in SprutCAM 7, Build 1.6, Rev 49093 and am having some issues with units (I use Imperial), maintaining the tool table, and some other issues. Help seems to be missing for many of the dialog boxes for lathes, which is also a problem. I have downloaded Builds 50148 and 56978 some time ago but have not tried those yet. Is either of those or a more recent Build likely to offer better results for lathe operations without causing problems for milling operations?

When upgrading, does the old version need to be uninstalled before the new one is installed?

Thanks, Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 14 2012, 06:24 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Mike,

I rarely use imperial units so cannot comment regarding your lathe question.
With regard to installation of SprutCAM 7, I am assured that there is no need to uninstall before updating...........I have always done this without any issues.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Oct 14 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Thanks Dave, especially for confirming the update procedure. Do you know if there have been any substantial improvements in lathe ops since Build 49093? I'm thinking usability more than feature set, though improvements to both would be nice.

Mike

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Oct 14 2012, 06:24 PM) *
Hi Mike,

I rarely use imperial units so cannot comment regarding your lathe question.
With regard to installation of SprutCAM 7, I am assured that there is no need to uninstall before updating...........I have always done this without any issues.

Dave

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 15 2012, 05:27 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Hi Mike, you would need to contact Sprut Russia to check what (if any) changes have been made to the lathe op's. I have been testing V8 for the last few months, but have not received any reports from any of my customers of problems with the lathe op's.
Have you reported any problems?

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Oct 21 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Hi Dave,

I just updated to build 59340 and that seems to work a bit better on lathe ops than 49093 that I was using previously. The imperial vs metric issue remains, there is no "Help" for feeds/speed, lead in/out, strategy, or template pages on most or all lathe ops, and the library seems to have trouble remembering tools that are created. Part of this could be user error or misunderstanding. Is Yuri still the guy to contact at Sprut for issues like this?

Mike

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Oct 15 2012, 05:27 AM) *
Hi Mike, you would need to contact Sprut Russia to check what (if any) changes have been made to the lathe op's. I have been testing V8 for the last few months, but have not received any reports from any of my customers of problems with the lathe op's.
Have you reported any problems?

Dave

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Oct 22 2012, 07:04 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Hi Mike, the Help buttons aren't connecting to the appropriate Help files, but you can find the required information in the Help files themselves.

Try using the following search terms:

'Cutting modes of lathe operations' for speeds / speeds

'Approaches/retraction of the lathe operation' for Lead in / out

'Common strategies of lathe operations' - 'Lathe roughing operation strategy' - 'Lathe threading operation strategy' etc. for Strategy

A search using the term 'Template' will produce the Help files on this topic.

I have tried saving lathe tools in revision 59122 without problem, maybe someone else on the forum can try this and let us know what you find?

I'm not sure if directing support questions to Yuri is necessarily the best method for end users, but you can create a support e-mail from within SprutCAM by using the 'Email Technical Support' option on the SprutCAM 'Help' menu.

Any problems with metric / imperial units differences should be directed to either your SprutCAM reseller or directly to Sprut themselves.

Please ensure that you are both installing and running SprutCAM with full administrator rights as failing to do so can lead to spurious errors.

Dave

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Oct 25 2012, 11:15 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Thanks Dave. SprutCam was not set to load as administrator and I've corrected that. If that doesn't fix things I will follow up with Sprut tech support and/or my reseller.

Thanks for the search strings - that looks like a big help.

Mike

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Oct 22 2012, 07:04 AM) *
Hi Mike, the Help buttons aren't connecting to the appropriate Help files, but you can find the required information in the Help files themselves.

Try using the following search terms:

'Cutting modes of lathe operations' for speeds / speeds

'Approaches/retraction of the lathe operation' for Lead in / out

'Common strategies of lathe operations' - 'Lathe roughing operation strategy' - 'Lathe threading operation strategy' etc. for Strategy

A search using the term 'Template' will produce the Help files on this topic.

I have tried saving lathe tools in revision 59122 without problem, maybe someone else on the forum can try this and let us know what you find?

I'm not sure if directing support questions to Yuri is necessarily the best method for end users, but you can create a support e-mail from within SprutCAM by using the 'Email Technical Support' option on the SprutCAM 'Help' menu.

Any problems with metric / imperial units differences should be directed to either your SprutCAM reseller or directly to Sprut themselves.

Please ensure that you are both installing and running SprutCAM with full administrator rights as failing to do so can lead to spurious errors.

Dave

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 06:35 PM