Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auxiliary Operation issue
Chris_S
post Apr 10 2014, 03:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,538

I've been trying to add an opstop to Sprut8 projects using an Auxiliary Operation and it seems to be causing some issues in processing. I'm doing it based roughly on the Sprutcam America video on YouTube that shows how to with Sprut7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62u4KZVbqHc.

So far what I notice is that roughing operations that come after the aux op no longer generate toolpaths. Also nothing after the aux op gets a green check on it when I run the machining operations. If I delete the aux op it works fine again, then put it back and problems return again. It's very odd. Finishing operations don't seem to be affected so far. I'm using the latest Sprut8 version (8 build 2.0 rev 72377 x64 RL 01/04/2014), I just ran the online installation process again 2 nights ago.

All I did was add and an auxiliary operation and then add an opstop just below the COMMENT line (where it says add your commands here) and nothing else. Once I've done that I reset the machining steps and run them. All the steps up to the aux op get green checks, but nothing after and when I check the operations after it there are no toolpaths (i.e. nothing to do) in the roughing operations (doesn't seem to matter what specific operation either).

I've tested this on 2 different projects now and both seem to do the same thing. Also just adding the aux op without adding any commands to it does the same thing.

Any ideas or suggestions, or am I just doing it wrong? For now I can work around it by just manually adding the M1's where I need them in the G code, but that's just opening up more possibility for mistakes to be made (by me).

I can provide a project file if needed later. I just can't get at them while I'm at work smile.gif

Thanks!
-Chris
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danh818
post Apr 10 2014, 05:04 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,448

I use M01's and M00's frequently in my Sprut8 programs and have not had this issue, but I do recall a similar problem with version 7. If I remember correctly to solve it, I would create the AUX op then reset and run the whole project, followed by double clicking the icon next to the newly created AUX op which turns that op off (black x appears). Then do a reset and run again for the whole project, and finally turn the new AUX op back on and do a reset and run of just that operation. It's a pretty round-about method, but maybe it will help you.

+Quote Post
Chris_S
post Apr 11 2014, 03:42 AM
Post #3

danh818 thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try, but it didn't work for me. The problem persists. Also while testing that I noticed another side effect of the aux op is that machining results disappear from the simulation once I simulate the aux op step. They also are missing from the machining view for anything past the aux op.

Luckily things seem to be fine as long as I don't use them so at least I'm not totally stuck, but figuring out what the problem is would be nice.

-Chris

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Apr 14 2014, 02:56 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Chris, could you please attach your SprutCAM project (*.stc) that has the problem? Please attach it as a zip file.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Chris_S
post May 6 2014, 02:30 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Apr 14 2014, 10:56 AM) *
Hi Chris, could you please attach your SprutCAM project (*.stc) that has the problem? Please attach it as a zip file.

Dave

Thanks for taking a look. Here it is. Sorry for the long delay in response.

This is one of the projects I was having the issue with. I only included 1 Aux Op in it, but you'll see (hopefully) what I do where it starts having odd behavior once it gets to that step.

-Chris
Attached File(s)
Attached File  cable_clip_c2.zip ( 1.22MB ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post May 6 2014, 03:52 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Hi Chris,

I have checked your project, and although I don't have the machine configuration you are using, I tested it with the standard Tormach configuration and it appears to work ok.
Your axilliary operation doesn't have the OPSTOP command added to it. I would suggest using the STOP command (M00) instead because you would (I'm guessing) want it to stop every time instead of 'optionally'.
The green ticks wont show up in Machining mode after an OPSTOP or STOP command, but should show up when simulated in simulation mode. The machining simulation will stop at the STOP (M00) command.

I'm not sure why you are getting different results. Please ensure that SprutCAM 8 is being run with Full Administrator Rights.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Chris_S
post May 7 2014, 02:00 PM
Post #7

Thanks Dave,

It looks like if I run through the full simulation that helps, but one thing I notice still see is that after any aux. op. the machining results no longer displays in the modeling view. Is that normal?

I'll have to test out using M00 instead too, but for what I was doing (flipping a part mid-process and setting G55, G56, etc.) Tormach recommends M01 to 'pause' the program.

-Chris

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post May 7 2014, 06:28 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

M00 is a stop command, the program will always stop for this.
M01 is an optional stop that requires the Optional stop function to be enabled on the machine controller. This is useful on a machine with a toolchanger so that you can leave the machine running, but enable the M01 function and the machine will stop at the next toolchange (assuming an M01 is placed at the toolchange).

--------------------
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 12:33 AM