anafranil online
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Machining Result Visibility (It Isn't)
Mike Henry
post Nov 24 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

I have a problem with SC7 where it will periodically stop showing the machining result during simulation. Usually it can be fixed by randomly selecting/deselecting settings, changing their visibility settings or restarting the program but that doesn't seem to be working today. I usually use Voxel 5 but today I can only get a visible simulation result if Solid or Voxel 3D are selected.

1) What are the preferred visibility settings in SC7?
2) What is the preferred simulation mode - Solid, Voxel 3D, or Voxel 5D?
3) What is the best approach to regaining "machining result visibility" when it stops displaying?
4) Is SC8 any better in this regard?

FWIW, I'm on SC7 Build 1.6, Rev 59340.

Thanks, Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sprut_UK
post Nov 26 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure if it'll be much help to you........I haven't used SC7 for quite some time now, but I do recall that if 'copy & paste' was used with operations in the machining list, this could sometimes lead to the 'Machining result' model getting 'lost' for want of a better phrase.
The software engineers at Sprut have advised me previously to use the 'Parameters by operation' option in preference to using 'copy & paste' to create a new operation.

I haven't seen this 'problem' in V8, but then again, I don't use 'Copy and paste' in this version either.

Dave

--------------------
"Never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake..." - Napoleon Bonaparte
www.sprut.co.uk

+Quote Post
Mike Henry
post Nov 27 2013, 01:39 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Sprut_UK @ Nov 26 2013, 07:32 PM) *
Hi Mike,

I'm not sure if it'll be much help to you........I haven't used SC7 for quite some time now, but I do recall that if 'copy & paste' was used with operations in the machining list, this could sometimes lead to the 'Machining result' model getting 'lost' for want of a better phrase.
The software engineers at Sprut have advised me previously to use the 'Parameters by operation' option in preference to using 'copy & paste' to create a new operation.

I haven't seen this 'problem' in V8, but then again, I don't use 'Copy and paste' in this version either.

Dave

Thanks Dave - I'll give that a shot. I do tend to copy/paste when doing drill/tap operations so maybe that is part of the issue.

Mike

+Quote Post
Val
post May 26 2014, 05:45 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,307

QUOTE (Mike Henry @ Nov 26 2013, 06:39 PM) *
Thanks Dave - I'll give that a shot. I do tend to copy/paste when doing drill/tap operations so maybe that is part of the issue.

Mike

I have seen that issue, I just use the other simulation that works, usually one of them will work. The issue that I get is that the fast simulate does not work, meaning I can not skip the full visual simulation.

Normally if you have an issue with simulation you must always reset the whole simulation, with the red X next to the !, also try to go to tolerances at bottom of simulation and I see that some operations dont show up at times, but when I use absolute tolerance of at least 0.001 for both toolpath and tool/model tolerance that I get better results.

I almost use exclusively copy/paste especially from operation to another group operation with other work offsets, because of similar shared features, of course I have to reselect the geometry or surfaces but thats quick compared to creating an operation from scratch, or duplicating for no reason.

My issue to not using "by operation" "fill parameters" is that: with some like 2D contour and others, you will get SC to completely lose its geometry and go crazy after you insert a new operation with "by operation" above them, I had major issue and could not find out why! solution was to reset the calculation for all the "group" operations. Then I was able to insert new operation.

BUT the issue had persisted once, so my solution was to insert the new operation at the very end of all operations, then DRAG it back into position, so to conclude I can not use "by operation" "fill parameters" in that case because other 2D contour operations get lost, and I must reselect all 2D geometry which is a pain, worst case if I miss it I simply I start work over from last good save that I did if I miss this nasty bug.

Also to add, the simulation type works different on different graphics card, for example at one computer I have a firepro AMD/ATI card nice card, and at another computer thats a cheap desktop with some desktop geforce card in it, some features look better in simulation mode solid/voxel 5D different and work at times vice versa ironically

My experience Solid seems to show small things in detail more, like chamfers and tool finish from a Ball mill show better in Solid then in Voxel 5D

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2019 - 11:58 PM